- 175g soya dairy free margarine – I use ‘Pure’, which is available in most supermarkets.
- 275g Demerara sugar
- 1 egg replacement – I use ‘Allergycare Vegan Whole Egg Replacer’, but there are other substitutes available (suggestion at the bottom of this post*)
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 375g rolled oats (basically porridge oats)
- 140g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- half a teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
*Egg replacement – As the egg in this recipe is mainly being used to bind the ingredients together, possible replacements could be 2 tablespoons (16g) of any starch, such as cornstarch or arrowroot, whisked with 2 tablespoons (30ml) water. Another option is 2½ tablespoons (18g) flaxseed meal whisked with 3 tablespoons (45ml) warm water.You could also try mashing up half a banana. This might affect the taste of the biscuits, but maybe banana flavours a good thing? It’s up to you!